Monday, August 31, 2015

Showing up is good

Reading is fundamental is one of those phrases that can elicit an emotion. If that emotion is positive to you then a blog focused more on words than other things might be for you! And to me there is that looking around for some place where I can just read something for a bit, so why not just make one.

So getting back to it, where yes, there will be more words. And to me Monday is the On Day, as coming off the weekend is when that focus returns. And to me it's also when you once again get that feedback from others that you're getting things done.

Before yes, you're doing things needed maybe around the house. Say, thoroughly clean your room. Or you get maintenance done. And there is that satisfaction. Or you go shopping or hang out with your friends and just relax. And you should do those things. But during the week is when most people get paid for their accomplishments. Or at least for showing up.

No one is going to pay you to show up during the weekend, unless I guess you're a celebrity. Wouldn't that be so cool?

And I define celebrity as: when people will pay you just to show up.

If you have to perform then you may just be famous.

So by my definition a person can be famous and not have much celebrity. But then again, a person can have a job where technically they're not getting paid just to show up, but their co-workers can know better, even if the supervisor doesn't. That person who manages to goof off through the day by mechanisms over which you puzzle? Is a de facto celebrity you could say, paid for just showing up. And may even show diva traits as actually I think people like that may often be celebrities in their own mind.

I'm no psychologist but I think they should be studied. Maybe there are scientists who study them. If so, I say that's some important scientific research.

Welcome to Monday! Time to get that great start.

Plenty of things to do in the week ahead. Time to get it going.

Next Monday is Labor Day Weekend. And no, will not take that day off.

Monday is a working day for me in general. Only thing is THAT Monday this side of the world will still be on snooze.

But over in Asia will be Tuesday. Wonder if I'll ever have readers in Asia, wouldn't that be great?


James Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment