Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Thoughts on this space

Have Tuesday set aside as a promotional day for this blog. And that is a concept am working on, where transparency to me just works so much more easily. Like it's just established that a post on Tuesday is promotional in some way.

And figured today would promote the concept and talk about how I think full disclosure upfront of any kind of promotional things works better.

Main thing is it keeps people from having to guess and if had some kind of a business promotion going would be proud of it. If I wrote something promotional for some entity or concept for this space it would be something I'd want to BRAG about and to me, if you do a favor for a stranger which is not about community like just being a decent human being, in a transaction that is legal limited by a contract, money is the most efficient way for them to return that favor.

Like if some stranger does you a favor and since a stranger you of course don't know that person, how do you return the favor easily? Well you do it all the time if you have the convenience of an item purchased. Someone made that item available, and you return the favor with your money.

Promoting things as a fan is very different though, as that's fun to me, and doesn't feel like I'm doing any favors. If I REALLY am celebrating something cool and want to share that then how is that a favor? Is why I like using that word as it helps me clarify to myself at least.

If I put anything here I want it to be able to sit indefinitely like MONTHS or even years. And when I look at it down the line, still be proud of it.

So yeah, promoting the concept of transparent promotion and talked out why it makes sense to charge a business entity NOT community, for the favor of it. As well as talked the high standard for when I would promote on a contractual basis, as I would want to brag about it, and would want content that would last and last and last.


James Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment