Monday, March 7, 2016

Looking forward from beginnings

To me beginnings feel nice, and Monday is a natural day to focus on what can be a fresh start, as is for many first day of a traditional work week. And I think better to see as an opportunity for something new than as just continuing on.

Here on this blog things to me are still with the beginnings as work out formats, how to present best, and what content to provide and when, which is challenging but fun. Though can be harder on readers not sure what to expect, yet.

Growing up was an avid reader, where I consumed books. Finish one, and go to the next, so would go to the library to get enough to keep me going until next trip to the library. Which was a cycle that sped me through adolescence in a blur of books. And there was often that thrill of open the book, turn to the first page of the meat of the writing.

As a kid I felt like a lonely middle child, usually ignored, except by book authors. To me it meant something that people had worked so hard for so many out there, where one of those was me! I marveled at the effort and care to produce something for so many people the writer would never see. Sometimes I would imagine that person reading to me as I read the words, and feel comforted.

There has to be a reason to write. Though now I understand that a reason can be about a compulsion. And I DO like to see the black words appear against the white background as I type.

The words to me have personalities--as have posted before--and are like new friends who just arrived to say, hi.

And with them can say hi to others all over the world, and consider a new week, with new challenges am sure.


James Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment