Thursday, November 5, 2015

And what about that dance?

One of my favorite lines from my own writing, yes can sound wrong but hey need an intro here, has to do with dancing.

Time management is important, but I prefer thinking of it as building on success. First you have a STRG, accomplish it. Cheer your success. Move on to the next one. Repeat till day is done. Celebrate accomplishment. Relax. Repeat next day. And every once in a while do a power dance by yourself in your bedroom, because life IS great.

Quote from my blog post on my blog Beyond Mundane about Short Timeline Reachable Goals or STRG's for short.

Yeah, I love that power dance part.

And I think you can consider it literally or figuratively, though if you can physically move in some way that is about a sense of triumph I think that is so powerful as it just feels good when I do it.

Doing things that don't hurt you in any way that feel good just makes sense to me! And finding such things is great. Oh, so yeah, but should add that before you do any serious exertion might want to check with your medical provider.

But the privacy of your bedroom by yourself is so you can do it without fear of embarrassment.

While going out to dance, yes even on a Thursday night, can really work great, especially if you're not on the prowl to meet someone! Which I discovered later in life as early on felt like that was what you were supposed to be doing! But eventually as grew older more often found myself with a group of people who all knew each other and we'd be out just to have fun, and dance, without there being a pickup thing going on.

And it was so much fun. More fun actually, as was far less frustrating than so many other nights thinking I was on the prowl. So funny. Never was really good at that. But had vague ideas of what thought was supposed to do versus what was comfortable and enjoyable to do.

So I like to say now, if you like to dance, dance! And don't feel like you need an excuse. But if you stacked up lots of accomplishments, then yeah, I think you have a great reason.

So why not? Dance.


James Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment