Monday, October 19, 2015

Imagining wave world wake up

Many in the world wake up to work like a wave I'm thinking. Can imagine it in my mind, like now millions are up and about already at work on the East Coast. Some also up already on the West Coast but many more later on in the day as the Earth keeps on turning with the Sun moving across, lighting up all our days.

And that wave will continue sweeping around the globe. Though you get to Asia and they're ahead, so there is this split as they are a day ahead, at some arbitrary line some people put in place long ago.

Imagine this wave sweeps around the globe day after day where occasionally there are breaks, like with biggest holidays that have somehow gone international. While there can be other routine gaps in the wave for national holidays.

The communal nature of so much human activity fascinates me, especially here in the US with people so often certain of an independence which yes, is real. But often I like considering those things that are in the other direction where so many people are moving in various ways, together. With behaviors that bind in shared activity.

More than we may tend to realize think there are expectations without which society doesn't function well. Go about your Monday morning watching others and it can be clear how much works best as people behave as expected.

Reasonable expectations can drive so much of our behavior, which gets me to thinking about tipping.

Remember one time where am embarrassed to say, missed the tip, but was taken by surprise by taking a woman out to where she suggested. She knew it was valet as I found out as am pulling up thinking about, um, where do I park? And wouldn't you know! Some guy is at my door, and oh, valet service. That surprised me out of the gate.

And along with everything else on my mind, as did pay for both of us, and restaurant actually wasn't that expensive. Don't worry tipped inside as that was part of my usual experience, but still felt a bit intimidated by the new thing outside--had handed keys to my car to some guy to go drive it off, isn't that kind of odd to anyone?--and when car was brought back utterly had no clue. Was thinking on so many things, but not hey, gratuity! So did not tip.

To that guy years ago, my apologies. Was way out of my comfort zone without a clue.

And tipping reality can be so varied across so many things, I think you definitely need a guide, especially internationally am sure. Where it intrigues me to wonder if I had endorsements--still none--wouldn't now be one of those proper places to talk a product? Have discussed something I see as a need, where ran into a bit of a problem myself, and a decent tipping guide could be really useful.

Oh yeah so pondering this thing which I've never done, which is have product placement, as this blog is supposed to be seriously commercial. Can see how problematic it can be though. Even if readers could assume if a name were mentioned it was paid endorsement? Would they then doubt everything else? Did that really happen forgetting a tip? Or was it made up to try and sell a product? Of course not selling one, so no it was not made up.

And it was a bit of a jump too switching to tipping after talking about a world waking up. Which was natural enough for me. But yeah did want to talk tipping too. But not to sell anything.

Problems to ponder. Really then how do you do such things on the web in the best way? Or is it even possible?

Guess it does go to the trust you would want to build?

If I had the opportunity, which do not so can just talk it out, what kind of decision would it be? Or maybe not even put anything in a post anyway? But that could be convenient, actually mentioning a product name and saying, by the way, here's what I use, if had something.

Will not get an answer now. Just putting it out there as that helps me figure things out.

Happy Monday! Get some things done. Nothing like a set of quick accomplishments early in the week to set the tone.


James Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment