Thursday, October 29, 2015

With me goals are like my friends

The week starts closing out and things are wrapping up, and what was accomplished through the week? If you were setting short timeline reachable goals means quite a few of them were done. And will admit there have been those times when kind of mentally wrap my arms around them and hug my achieved goals. They're my friends.

Actual human beings may be a lot more distant.

While part of me would like to talk as if lonely realize that was rarely the case. Thank God! People need people I firmly believe. And I know some people need people less, but am not one of them.

Goals can seem to make you lonely though even when surrounded by friends, if you feel like the oddball with yours.

But goals are very much about who YOU are, not someone else. They're your goals so you decide, and for me? They're like my friends who make me feel good, which is why reachable goals are best! Because you keep reaching them, which feels good.

And then you can kind of hang out with them. Thinking, like hey, yeah! Got that done, and that done, and oh, hey you! So good to see ya', got that done too!

But it can be trying when you don't have the people around you at some point who support your goals so you can go through those lonelier periods maybe. And find so many quiet times even with your thoughts. And even at times look out upon a spooky world.

It can be a scary world out there, even when not approaching a holiday dedicated to the fun of Fright Night. Where is that supposed to be fun? How do those words sensibly fit together? "fun" "Fright" and "Night"?

How do people come up with such things?

Maybe the reality is how we perceive things can vary so much, beyond the objective truth, which is maybe not as "fun". If you're surrounded by people but not sure how supported do you want to comfort yourself anyway with objective reality? Or realize what it's like if you really are mostly alone?

To me Halloween is that time of the year when I allow my thoughts to go more dark, like plenty of other people so in good company.

I guess that's healthy. So much in life is about perspective, and how you get it? Very important.

Please don't ever let loneliness get you down. Maybe some goals can be your friends. So you can mentally wrap your arms around them and feel cheerful no matter how dark the night.

Has worked for me.


James Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment